Abby's wheelchair has been banished. We have been trying to phase it out as much as possible over the last few weeks. The only time we use it now is when I take her to school or therapy. Even then, it is only because I can't manage both her and Spencer at the same time while walking in. In fact, it stays in the car when we are at home. I don't even bother to unload it anymore because we don't use it in the house. But the most exciting part about ditching the wheelchair is that she now goes to Primary without it. She sits in a regular chair with the rest of her class. I love that. And I'm sure she does too. She is super wiggly, but I don't think it's anything her teachers can't handle :) A few months ago, she started getting really upset whenever we would get her ready for church. We thought she just didn't like wearing a dress. But one day I thought that maybe she didn't like going to church because she knew she would have to sit in her wheelchair for so long. Our church is three hours long. During the first hour the entire congregation meets together. This is when we take the sacrament and listen to sermons. The next two hours are divided up into classes. The little kids to to Primary for those two hours. Abby has been sitting with us in the pew during the first hour of church for the last year or so. But for Primary she has always been in her wheelchair. Now that she has the capability to sit in a regular chair, I thought that maybe she would be happier if we gave her the opportunity to do so in Primary. So far it has worked. She hasn't thrown a fit on Sunday morning since we made the change last month. Although, now that I have said something about it, I'm sure she will start up again. I have a tendency to jinx myself. So......knock on wood.
I don't have any pictures to post this week. I don't feel like I should be blogging without a picture.... But here is an awesome video instead. A friend just told me about it this morning. It's about enduring through hard times. I actually had to watch it twice. The first time I saw it I could only focus on the people in the video and what they were going through - one man in particular. I had to go back a second time to really listen to the message. It was definitely worth it and I just had to share it with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment