There is never a dull moment around here, that's for sure! We had yet another busy week. It started with Halloween. Abby was the prettiest Snow White I have ever seen. And Spencer loved being her little Dwarf.
We went around the neighborhood with some friends, and since Abby couldn't say "Trick-Or-Treat," I made her a sign. When we got home I swapped out her candy and replaced it with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. We were excited to let her try a piece. She loved it!
We spent the rest of the week in and out of doctor's offices and getting ready for the kids' birthday party. (Thank you to everyone that helped! There is no way I could have done it all myself!) The party turned out great and I think Abby had a good time being around all her cousins and a few good friends. Spencer definitely loved all the attention! We had a Tangled theme for Abby and a sports theme for Spencer. My favorite part was the cakes! I made Spencer this football cake.
And for the rest of the kids we had Rapunzel tower cakes. This was an idea that looked fantastic in my head, but I wasn't sure how it would really turn out. They ended up looking just the way I imagined them and I was pretty excited about it! We baked cupcakes inside ice cream cones and then dipped the cones in white chocolate and sprinkles to look like vines. To finish them off I piped purple frosting on top to make them look like the tower from the movie. They looked super cute (and tasted pretty good too)!
Abby couldn't wait to attack her tower cake. She made quite a mess out of the frosting. After she smashed it in her face, I mixed pudding in with her cake so it would be the right consistency for her. She didn't get to enjoy much of it though. She and Spencer both came down with a pretty nasty cold a couple days before the party. Abby can't breathe out of her nose, and that makes it hard to chew and swallow. But at least she got to taste it!
Abby is still vomit-free! This week we were able to increase her formula intake during the day. She has tolerated it well and is now off her night drip, so she no longer needs to be propped up in bed. She is sleeping so much better now!! She has been sleeping for about 10 hours at night instead of only 6-8 hours. Abby's lack of sleep has been stressing me out since she was in the hospital. Her brain needs sleep in order to heal. These extra hours of rest will be so good for her!

Those cupcakes are ADORABLE!!! You're so creative! I'm so glad to hear she is still vomit free, what a blessing. And you were totally right - now she can get more sleep. All wonderful things! Hope she can kick that UTI soon.
ReplyDeleteKate tried on a snow white dress yesterday and I was telling my mom that while Kate looked cute, Abby totally rocked her Snow White costume with the absolute perfect hair and red bow! She looked so pretty! I'm glad that their birthday party worked out, your cakes look awesome!
ReplyDeleteKaralee! Thank you so much for keeping this blog so that those of us who think of you often are able to get a little glimpse into Abby's recovery. I am thrilled to hear that her vomiting has stopped and that she is sleeping more. Both are such a relief to you, I am sure! We pray for Abby and hope that she continues to progress and recover quickly! We pray for you and Anthony too. You are both so strong and such great examples of faith and optimism through difficult trials. Thank you.
ReplyDelete