I made some cookies on Friday morning. Abby was quite interested in this new and exciting treat that she was allowed to have. She finished hers and then tried to steal Spencer's. He wasn't eating his cookie with the same voraciousness that Abby was.
That evening we had a Primary Program practice at the church (I can't believe the program is NEXT week). Afterwards we had a pizza party. This was the first time Abby was able to eat the bottom crust. We usually cut that off and give her just the soft dough and cheese on top. But her slice didn't seem to be too tough, so I let her eat it whole. I was trying not to let her hold it because she had a white shirt on...but apparently I wasn't giving it to her fast enough. She eventually won the battle and ended up eating 1 1/2 slices - crust and all. She finished her first slice so I got her down, and she promptly stole someone else's slice. Luckily it was an adult, and she let Abby have half of it. I was so proud of my Abby for eating all that pizza! And there wasn't one sign of difficulty.
The other day I was sitting with Abby on the couch. We were watching a movie and eating some goldfish. I let Abby put her hands in the bag and pull out the fish herself. She would pull out handfuls, try to put them all in her mouth, succeed in getting one in, and let the rest spill all over her. But I didn't mind. I just ate the ones that didn't make it to her mouth. And I was so happy! Sitting there with her and eating a snack felt so normal to me. I have desperately missed little things like that. Now that Abby is eating just about everything, I feel more and more like we are flirting with NORMAL. And I love how that feels.
I realized that I have not been good about taking pictures recently. When Abby was Spencer's age I took pictures of her doing various things weekly, if not daily. But poor Spencer only has a handful of pictures for the last several months. I am determined to document more. I know I will hate myself later if I don't. So here he is, unloading all the stuffed animals in Abby's room, because he wanted to sit in their basket.
Abby was supervising.
Don't forget about the Shamu and You Walk! We would love for you to sign up to be a member of our team (Abby's Angels) or make a donation. Every little bit helps! And thank you to those of you who have already donated. We appreciate it!
Way to go Abby, this is awesome! Spencer looks so cute in the basket, what a smile!
ReplyDelete